readbud - get paid to read and rate articles

Feb 21, 2011

Paul Oghoghorie Defied Poverty And Started His Internet Business In Style

How Paul Oghoghorie Defied Poverty And Started His Internet Business In Style Becoming Nigeria’s Young Internet Millionaire In The Process.

Paul Ogoghorie Is An Undergraduate Student Of Olabisi Onabanjo University In Ogun State, Nigeria.
 
He Is The CEO of EmpowerNAIJA.com and Widely Celebrated As A Forum Expert. He Turned The Table Against Poverty And Poor Background To Carve A Niche For Himself In The Internet Business World. Now A Breadwinner For His Family, He Has Positioned Himself For Positive Mention When Talking About Legitimate Internet Business In Nigeria. In This Interview, You’ll Discover How He Has Been Coping With His Studies While Still Running A Successful Internet Business. Enjoy It.

You are welcome to the Internet Experts’ Interview series. On a lighter note how are you enjoying your Internet business?

Answer
So far, internet business has been very exciting and fun to do. I wake up everyday with smiles on my face having the feelings that am not jobless, but rather have the internet look up to where I will be learning lots of new stuffs on that day.

So You Are completely in control of your time?

Answer
Definitely. After all, its not the 8am-5 pm job. Its a job that I do at my own time. Even at 3am in the morning. I may even not decide to work for 3 days.

That’s Interesting. But how was life before you started your Internet business?

Answer
Hmm... life was very difficult. I did not know what tomorrow had in stock for me. And that was because I depended on other people(parent, society, and government) for my survival. But at a point, I realized that I was heading for abject poverty if I did not change my circumstance. That was the exact thing I did. I c hanged my circumstance, placed my future into my hands and here I am today, enjoying what the positive side of the world have in stock for me.

But Paul, of all businesses, why Internet Business? Some people believe that doing business on the Internet equates you to a fraudster?

Answer
I chose Internet Business first of all because I didn’t want to be a slave to anybody who calls himself an EMPLOYER! I wanted to be on my own. Secondly becasue I saw the Internet to be an avenue for learning from people all over the world. Moreso, it’s office doors does not close. It works 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Those who believe that all the people doing business on the internet are fruadsters are those who are still illiterate (even if such a person already has a PHD degree). A literate person comes across something and instead of him to accept what other person says, he does his own private investigation. Many Nigerians listen to what they are told about the Internet and easily believe. But when they come in contact with Internet business, some even blame themselves for not coming in contact with Internet long long ago.

So the argument is baseless? But some people complain of being duped by so called internet merchants?

ANSWER
Yes, I can't refute that. Different people come online with different visions and missions. While some want to make fraud-free money, some others will want to scam people into paying for services that won't be rendered thereby making them fast cash. I have been a victim of this several times in the past. But the fact remains that I am not deterred by such happenings whenever they occur; instead, I put the past behind me and move on. That is why I advise some of my clients that whenever they come across offers that look too good to be true, they should contact mentors/experienced persons and verify the authenticity of such offers/programmes. I will also like to point out one good reason why people are easily scammed. Its simply because they don't want to go through any hardwork, but want to get the results at the snap of their fingers. Such offers appear online and they fall for it. Nigerians should learn to sow, take time to let the seed grow well before harvesting and then falling into the traps of fraudsters will reduce drastically.

Thanks for this clarification. Now how did you raise your start up capital and how did you make the breakthrough of earning your first internet income?

Answer
I raised money to start my internet business through the little cash that my parents gave to me as pocket money. Instead of me to spend the money on food or clothes, I spent it on buying time at the cyber cafe so that I can browse. At that time, I cherished the internet more than food becuase any day I log onto the internet, I come across new things. Now talking about how I made my breakthrough, I read a lot of materials online and also involved myself in so many trial by error until the day that my trial by error system began to pay off and I started earning money. 

Hmm. Can you tell us how long that was?

Answer
That was 4 years(2003-2007)

That’s amazing. 4 years of waiting? Ok, now tell our 
readers how you have been combining your Internet business with academics as a student knowing fully well that you started your business as a student at age 22.

Answer
Well, its been a normal thing to me. I attended class 2/3 times a week. Immediately I get home from school, I revise what i’ve been taught that day, then I later attend to business. At different times, I go through my books. In percentage, I give 60% attention to business and 40% to academics. During exams, I do group reading and through this, ‘am able to catch up with whatever I might have missed during the course of the semester.

So what is success to you?

Answer
Success to me is achieving your dreams.

Your advice to Nigerian Youths.

Answer
Nigerian youths should learn to think with their brain. Let them stop depending on their parents and the government for their survival but rather put their brain into proper use. The world awaits every young person who is ready to build his future! 

Paul, you are a confirmed young, internet millionaire doing genuine business in Nigeria. How do you feel earning six figure income on the Internet?

Answer
I feel on top of the world.

Thanks For Finding Time To Attend This Interview

Answer
It’s my pleasure.

Interview was conducted by Bernard Solomon

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments on this article